Welcome to Year 6
Year 6 Recommended Reading
Year 6 Class Charity
The Good Life Orphanage was founded by Kevin and Mary Maguire following a family trip to Kenya. They are an inspirational couple who we look forward to supporting this year.
The Circulatory System
To summarise their learning from this term's Science topic, our class worked in groups to present the importance of the circulatory system. Each pupil had an active role and together carried out a presentation to explain the role of the heart and how blood, water and nutrients travel around our body.
Year 6 SATs Parents Meeting
We invited our Year 6 parents in (safely distanced) to explain SATs that are due to take place in May this year. Please find a powerpoint attached below if you were unable to make it.
What is means for us
In class today we have reflected on the meaning of the Epiphany- that time when Three Wise Men came from the east to visit Jesus. The children thought about how the birth of Jesus changed the world order and why this frightened King Herod. We discussed how different life would have been if the King had found and murdered Jesus. We were thankful that this did not happen.
Our Class Assembly
We were privileged to start with the first class assembly of the school year and it was wonderful to have the rest of the school and parents to watch too! As September is Mary's birthday we highlighted her story and what she means to us.
Roald Dahl Day
We enjoyed a spot of dress up (teachers too!) for Roald Dahl Day. We learnt more about the fabulous children's author, and created our own characters and created a story about them.
Happy Birthday Mary! As a class, we said a Hail Mary and reflected on our Mother Mary and her journey in life. We wrote birthday messages, prayer cards and our own prayers to Mary to give thanks for listening to us.
Useful websites your child can access to support learning:
- BBC Education have produced a whole host of materials for KS2. Follow the KS2 link and then select either Maths or English. Each area usually has an information section for reading, plus an activity and then quiz which is marked online. Some aspects require a subscription.
- A site with both Maths and English based quizzes which are marked as you go along.
- A site with a range of information and questions – great for revision purposes!
- A revision site based upon the old Key Stage 2 Tests but still contains lots of useful information for both Maths and English.
- A site with links to old style Key Stage 2 Maths Papers, Maths Tutorials as well as Maths Games. Some of these games are linked to Memory and would therefore help pupils to retain key information.
- Go Noodle Keeps you fit in your own home
- Audible let's you listen to a fantastic range of children's stories
Additional useful websites...
Learn computer programming skills - fun and free.
Creative computer programming
- Ted Ed
All sorts of engaging educational videos
- National Geographic Kids
Activities and quizzes for younger kids.
Learn languages for free. Web or app.
- Mystery Science
Free science lessons
- The Kids Should See This
Wide range of cool educational videos
- Crest Awards
Science awards you can complete from home.
- Paw Print Badges
Free challenge packs and other downloads. Many activities can be completed indoors. Badges cost but are optional.
All kinds of making.
- Geography Games
- Blue Peter Badges
If you have a stamp and a nearby post box.
- The Artful Parent
Good, free art activities
- Red Ted Art
Easy arts and crafts for little ones.
- Toy Theatre
Educational online games